About Me

My photo
Victoria, BC, Canada

Thursday 16 February 2012

Celebrate The Weird Things If They Aren't Necessarily Good things

***I am having a baby in about a month and I wore my regular jeans today that are 2 years old.  This may be due to the fact that my baby is basically growing into my ribcage and she is breach... but whatever!  My butt must be almost OK.  I feel like this is a miracle.  Celebrate!

***This is the first year I have ever filed my taxes early, or even close to on time.  And I did it all by myself on the computer.  Just now.  I am beaming.  I even have a confirmation number and my Revenue Canada accounts says they received it.  For someone who once waited 7 years to do taxes, this is a major accomplishment.

***I filed for my maternity early this time.  When I had my twins I couldn't get my shit together and forgot to send in ROE's.  This time its all tickety boo. Ducks in a row.  A crooked row with four employers, but a row none the less.

***I have about a month of frozen food prepared in the freezer for when my baby arrives.

*** I have the most amazing supportive and understanding friends who care about me no matter what kind of weird messes I get myself into.  Even being pregnant with no dad and having to move 17 days before I give birth.  The only question they ask is "how can we help."

***  I just got to spend the last 3 months on a gorgeous float home at my favourite place in Victoria house sitting for a friend. (thank-you) It was a perfect place to spend time alone, be peaceful, create food, and cry... a lot of crying!

***  I love realising that things are only as good as I make them or let them be. I get another little bundle of personality to figure out and nurture.  What an opportunity! 

I have a lot of great things going on although some people might not think so.  I feel really blessed and happy to have magical things happen in my life.  Like mistakes turning into miracles!

2 comments: